Sunday, August 7, 2011

Now What?!?




Remember that time when you graduated and now you are dreading seeing family and friends during the summer because you know they will ask? You just know they will ask it - that horrible question, the one that is slightly better than hearing, "So, when are you gonna settle down and get married?"

"So, what you are going to do with your life after graduation?"

AAAHHH!!!!!

It’s true. I’m all edumacated and I still don’t have a CLUE about what I want to be when I grow up. Interesting how when we were growing up all we wanted was to be older. Now that we are older, we want to be what we were when we wanted to be what we are now. Not that im saying im not happy with where I am today. I got a great education, made some AMAZING friends along the way, and have grown so much from all the experiences I have had in these last few years. But what now?!?

Well, I still don’t know what to tell ya. I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. My moto for so long has been “live life one day at a time.” And I still stand by that. It hasn’t failed me yet! It would be nice to have some direction, but everyday opens up new opportunitys, and I’m excited and hopeful to see what life has in store for me!

“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.” -Unknown

2 comments:

Kelly Spence said...

You will figure it out. Enjoy the soul searching and exploring your options. You really have so many of them. I know doors will be opened for you. I hope you are still in Oregon when we get there though. :)

nathan said...

ME too!! I hope you will be there when we come back too. I was bummed I couldn't see you in Rexburg. I love your advice. Very WISE! Not saying you're old or anything :0 I'm sure heavenly father has a LOT planned for you. You've already done so much already. I think you would be a great sister missionary in Pocatello ID :) If not, a great babysitter for sure, we could use you. Miss ya!!